- Green leafy vegetables
- Olive oil
- Raw nuts
Breakfast: Blueberry French Toast
|2 slices whole wheat bread|
|1/4 cup skim milk|
|1 cup blueberries|
|1/4 tsp cinnamon|
|2 Tbs. of low fat whipped cream|
- Spray pan with non-stick spray and heat over medium heat.
- Whisk skim milk, egg and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and place in heated pan. Cook on one side until golden brown.
- Flip bread. Cook until golden brown.
- Place French toast on a plate; top with blueberries and low fat whipped cream mixture.
Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Muffins
Banana nut muffin mix
- Follow Bananan Nut Muffin mix package instructions as directed on box
- Add 2 Tbs. chocolate chips
Whole Wheat Pancakes with Fruit
|3 whole grain pancakes|
|1 cup blueberries or bananas|
|1 Tbs. maple syrup|
- Prepare pancakes according to directions on box.
- Heat skillet over medium heat, add blueberries or bananas once the first side is done
- Flip onto the other side until golden brown on both sides.
- Top pancakes with maple syrup.
|2 cups fresh spinach leaves|
|1/2 cup chopped carrots|
|2 Tbs. dried blueberries|
|4 diced cherry tomatoes|
|Top with a handful of crushed walnuts|
|2 Tbs. reduced-fat olive-oil vinaigrette dressing|
Mix all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and serve with dressing.
Peanut Butter & Banana Sandwich
|2 slices whole grain bread|
|1 Tbs. of natural peanut butter|
|1 Tbs. honey|
|1 sliced banana|
Tomato Soup/ Broccoli/ Garlic Bread
Canned tomato soup
One head of broccoli
Whole wheat Baggett
Prepare soup according to package directions with milk.
1 cup canned condensed tomato soup, prepared with milk
1 cup broccoli cut with dipping sauce
8 oz. whole grain bread sliced, brushed with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic salt.
Grilled Salmon with Brown Rice & Broccoli
|3 oz grilled salmon|
|1/2 cup brown rice|
|1 cup broccoli|
- Preheat grill or grill pan. Then place salmon on the grill and cook until opaque (about 5-6 minutes on each side). Season as desired.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Steam broccoli until tender (about 5 minutes) add butter and salt to taste.
Yogurt Banana Berry Parfait
|1 cup plain, nonfat yogurt|
|2/3 cup low-fat granola|
|1 cup raspberries|
|1 cup blueberries
1 sliced banana
|1 oz. walnuts|
Combine all ingredients into a glass container layer by layer.